Page born: April 01 2002
49th FW "Forty Niners"
"Tutor Et Ultor"--I Protect and Avenge
The 49th FW took over the identity of the deactivated 37th FW. The 49th FW took over the three F-117A squadrons at Holloman
The 49th FW is made up of six groups:
- 49th Fighter Wing Staff Agencies: Agencies which make up the wing commander's staff.
- 49th Operations Group: Manages and conducts all wing flying operations.
- 49th Logistics Group: Manages and conducts the wing's logistics functions.
- 49th Support Group: Provides support to all base operations, personnel, and family members.
- 49th Medical Group: Provides medical services for active duty and retired military members and their families.
- 49th Materiel Maintenance Group: Maintains and deploys all equipment needed to build a "bare base" airfield.
February 4, 1992
Col. Allan R. Guarino becomes Vice Commander of the 49th FW (F-15 era).
July 8, 1992
The 49th FW at Holloman AFB takes over the role the 37th FW at Tonopah previously served. Brig Gen. Lyold "Fig" Newton and Col. Allan R. Guarino retain there positions as 49 FW Commander and Vice Commander.
April 9, 1993
Col. Robert C. Huff becomes Vice Commander of the 49th FW.
July 8, 1993
Brig Gen. John F Miller Jr. (former 4450th TS) takes command of the 49th FW.
June 1, 1994
Col. James W. Bailey III becomes Vice Commander of the 49th FW.
February 10, 1995
Col. (Brig. Gen. select) Bruce Carlson takes command of the 49th FW.
June 28, 1996
Col. Frank W. Clawson becomes Vice Commander of the 49th FW.
August 23, 1996
Brig. Gen. Dennis R. Larsen (former...) becomes the 49th Fighter Wing commander.
June 15, 1998
Brig. Gen. William J. Lake, (former operations officer of the 4450th TG, commander of the 415th TFS, and assistant deputy commander for operations, 37th FW) takes command of the 49th FW.
July 15, 1998
Col. Andrew S. Dichter becomes Vice Commander of the 49th FW.
Colonel Douglas M. Hulsey Jr. becomes Vice Commander of the 49th FW.
August 3, 1999
The 49th FW receives its sixth Air Force Outstanding Unit Award.
June 15, 2000
Col. Marc E. Rogers takes command of the 49th FW.
49th Operations Group (OG)
The 49th OG manages and conducts all wing 49th FW flying operations. It is under the 49th OG that the 7th CTS, 8th FS, and 9th FS operate.
Lieutenant Colonel John A. Snider becomes deputy commander of the 49th OG.
Colonel John A. Snider becomes commander of the 49th OG.
Copyright © 1998-2003 www.f-117a.com